cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying of all items in one billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I have an issue with a contract which has several billing dates.

When I try to create a billing date for a valid billing date manual the system copies all the valid billing dates in one invoice for that particular date.

It should only copy one line item for the date. Instead it takes all the dates of future and ciopies into one billing document.

So I have 10 line items instead of one for that date.

Can you help?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Your contract has several billing dates (say for example 5), that means you are using periodic billing plan. Now in transaction code VF01 if you give the reference of the contract number & try to create the invoice, the system will display 5 line items with respect to the 5 billing dates in the contract billing plan.

The invoices will be created for all billing dates & separate accounting documents will be generated for all the 5 invoices for the respective dates.

There are 2 options for your query:

1. Try creating the invoices using the billing due list - Transaction code VF04. Here select the date range & tick on "order related" (in the documents to be selected section), the system will display the document number of the contract if it lies between the selected date range.

When you create the billing document for the contract the system will create the invoice only for the billing date which falls under the selected date range.

2. In the initial screen of transaction code VF01 you have an icon for "selection date (Shift +F7)". When you click on this icon after entering the contract number, the system will display a message box for date selection.Select the date as per your billing date in the contract billing plan & create the invoice.

The system will only consider the required billing date.

Try out these options & let me know your feedback.

With best regards,

Allabaqsh Patil.

Idhasoft Ltd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created an invoice from the contract.

The contract had 1 line item with 6 billing dates.

The question is when I go to VF01 and enter the billing date for which it is valid the system copies all the billing plan dates into one invoice.

Can you explain why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Maintain the billing block for all other billing dates and create the invoice for that sales order.

It is a standard process that you will get all the items here.To stop that maintain the billing block at this billing plan level.

Enter block number 13 for downpayment and block 14 for final Invoice.

After creation of the invoice goto VA02 and then remove the billing block.And create the invoice using VF01.

Regards,

Krishna.