cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically activate onEnter after entering into a field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a field which I want to automatically run some methods after the user leave that field after entering a value. I am thinking of automatically executing the onEnter trigger to run the methods once the user leave that field. How can I do that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jackson,

You are trying to achieve something which is very fancy (Something like AJAX operation), which I am afraid are not possible to do in Wendynpro for JAVA.

You cannot trigger the onEnter operation automatically. This is a limitation.

Hope this helps! For any other information pease let me know.

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jackson,

onEnter will be triggered when u press the Enter key. It seems that ur scenario is on onFocus or onLose events.But there are no such type of events in webdynpro for InputField.

Refer the thread.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your kind help.

So the only and most likely way to do so so far is to..

example ==> use onSelect that selects the value in a previous screen back into the main screen so that the results will be reflected on the change of value?

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jackson,

Yes you can do it that ways! I gues in your case this is the only possible way of achieving this..

If you have main screen and something like previous screen then you can also make use of the context attribute which are shared using teh component and then on the onEnter() action you can set the value of the attribute. This value of attribute can be accessed in the main view to set whereever you want.

I hope that helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh