cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Export or Remot Clint copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to copy our whole Production server (PRD) client into a freshly installed Quality server(QAS). Database size is of 450GB. I've tired SCC8 from PRD. KT and KX gets created but KO in error ,error no. is 0016 some resion is my Production in derive "E(Trans file saved)"space is low so pls right way send me.

Or I've tried Remote client copy(scc9) from QAS. But it there are showing start background message but not gating scc3 or not showing in sm50(background job) .in this process (scc9) in how much time requard?

Regard's

vinod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod

For remote client copy,have you first performed the test run

Please first perform the test run of the client copy and then run the actual client copy.

Please make sure that there are enough background processes in the system and they should be free otherwise the job for client copy will not start in qa

Please make sure that no one works in prod when the client copy is going on

Please make sure you have a RFC connection between qa and prod in the working condition

Make sure that redologs are switched off in qa durint cleint copy

Remote client copy does take some time,so just be patient

Follow the steps above and you will be able to do the copy

For export/import,I am not sure what is the issue you are talking of,can you be please more clear

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's dear,

How much time requard in my data size is 450 GB?

Regard's

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod

It all depends on the resources that you have with you and the network speed because the data is transferred with the RFC,so it does take a lot of time but I assume it should take somewhere between 7-10 hours,though this is just a rough estimate of what I have seen in my setups.

Please make sure that you assign a high number of parallel processes when you start the remote client copy,this will ensure a speedy execution

Rohit

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should consider an homogeneous system copy instead of a client copy.

IMHO, a 450GB is too big to be considered as a client copy.

Answers (0)