Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SRM MDM.

I just wanted to know, Do we need to install SAP MDM before installing SRM MDM catalog?

What is the simple sequence of Installation & configuring of SRM Catalog solution?

Thanks,

Satya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would need the following components

a. SRM Server, b. SRM-MDM Catalog installables, and c. Java WAServer

1. Download the SRM-MDM Catalog business content from SAP market place

2. Install the MDM Server and other GUI Clients

3. UnArchive the SRM-MDM repository available with the installables only

4. Deploy the two SCA files - MDMJavaAPI and SRMMDMCAT on WAS and restart the Portal

5. Access the Config UI by using the URL http://:/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM and change the layout as per the requirement. In this you can specify the fields to be displayed for Search, type of UI etc for the particular user

6. Create the Web Service in SRM system and specify all the required parameters. You should get the SRM-MDM configuration guide from Market Place.

7. Change the Org Plan in SRM to assign the Catalog to the SRM users.

8. Login into EBP and select SHOP, you should get the SRM-MDM Catalog link if all the configurations are there in place.

Hope it is helpfull....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just installed SRM 5.5 and the team is asking me to install the SAP-MDM Catalog 2.0. I thought I needed to install MDM on a separate server and then the catalog function in SRM..... but from the info in this thread it sounds like the files for Catalog 2.0 utilizing the WAS in the SRM box are all I need?

Please help me understand better...

Shirlee

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Tamas_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

the SRM-MDM install files (you have to download 2 files! (one is OS independent and one OS dependent part)) contain all the needed files. You don't need any other part.

Please follow the installation guide.

Regards,

Tamás

SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Can I install these files on Portal? Do I need to install MDM separately?

Thanks

Kalyan