cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login using logon group :system tries to login to IP of localhost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have started to get this problem on one of our test systems here.

The user can logon to the server using direct server entry in logon pad. But while he tries to logon using the logon group configured in his logon pad, he gets error as partner 127.0.0.1:sapdp00 not reached.

I have checked in the host file entry that this IP is configured as Localhost only. also the actual IP address of the server is also mentioned in the host file.

When checked in the message server status area, I found that it is showing IP address of message server as 127.0.0.1

If I manually change the IP there, to the actual IP address and save it; the problem gets solved. But when I come out from smlg and again run the tcode and go to messge server area, the changes that I have done get reverted back.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue permanentely.

( message server trace shows that it has correctly picked up the actual IP address)

Regards,

Shamish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your SAP system on Windows?

We had the same problem a few times, and rebooting the SAP server solved it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the prompt reply. and sorry for replying late.

HI Joe,

The problem got resolved, after reboot of the server. But I was wondering what made it behave like this.

Also I was keen to know if we could resolve it by any way without the reboot.

The server was in domain. Also the trace of message server was showing proper IP address as well.

Any way, thanks to all. Please do let me know if someone know the way to resolve it without restarting the server.

--Shamish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How is your test server configured? does it belongs to a domain .... 127.0.0.1 is a loopback adapter

Regards

Juan

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check your network. Try to ping both the machines. Also, find out how the IP address is getting converted in your network.

Regards,

Faisal