Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in Quotation creation using BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create Quotation with reference to Inquiry. I am using std BAPI 'BAPI_QUOTATION_CREATEFROMDATA2' but I am not able to crate with reference to Inquiry. If you see the std tcode VA21 there is option to create with reference; there you can put the inquiry number. This functionality, I want to implement using BAPI.

Can anybody tell me how to achieve this.

Thanks in stack

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

I think you can do that by specifying the REF DOC TYPE and REF DOC number parameters in fields REFDOCTYPE, REF_DOC of the parameter QUOTATION_HEADER_IN (BAPISDHD1).

Try and let me know.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Ravi,

I have already tried this parameter but this are not helpful. Let me know you have any new suggesstion.

Thanks in stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

There is a problem if you use the BAPI 'BAPI_QUOTATION_CREATEFROMDATA2', the table flow will not be maintained (i.e) it will not maintain the document flow which you can view using

VA13(Inquiry)->Document flow(F5). It will allow you to create any number of quotations for the same inquiry. This will be the case even if you use the BAPI 'BAPI_QUOTATION_CREATEFROMDATA'.

The alternative you can use is use a BDC program for just creating the Quotation(VA21). Then use the BAPI 'BAPI_CUSTOMERQUOTATION_CHANGE' to change the quotation. I have done this before and it is working perfectly fine. Hope this solves your issue.

Note: Reward points if found helpful.

0 Kudos

Tushar,

I am really appriciate for your suggesstion. It will more helpful for me if you send me the code for quotation change using BAPI so i can check at my end. Such act i already carried out for the sales order where i face same problem, but still i will glad if you send me the code.

Thanks in stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.