Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup tables

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus.

There is difference b/w filling up the setup tables for sales and inventory.

In sales we have option called block documents, where in we put the check mark and fill the setup tables whereas for inventory BF and UM there is no block documents.

1.Here my doubt is during the fillin up of setup tables for sales if by chance any trasaction takes place, will that record (Delta or New record)comes into LBWQ or that record will not be in setup tables.

2. For inventory for BF an UM if any transaction takes place what happen to those records as there is no block documents. Hope i am clear

REgards

Rak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rak,

After u fill in the Setup tables, any changes with the record will not be reflected. U can load the previous data.

If u Fillin again the setup table then u will get the modified record / delta / new record will be populated.

Hope this helps,

Sankar Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Filling of setup talbes can be done during the R/3 outage time to avoid loss of any records.

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your replies. Usually filling up the setup tables will be carried out during the night time by locking all the users. But in this industry there is lot amount of data and its not possible for down time.

What i want to know is what will happen to those records that are created during the filling up the setup tables for sales and inventory.

Regards

Rak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Check here for the answer of your query.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/80/1a65dce07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Hope it helps!!!!

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>1).Here my doubt is during the fillin up of setup tables for sales if by chance any trasaction takes place, will that record (Delta or New record)comes into LBWQ or that record will not be in setup tables.</i>

If you are doing filling of setup table by tick mark to "block the documents" then the data will be captured by next load(delta).

If you are doing filling of setup table by no tick mark to "block the documents" then the data will be captured twice.in setyp table as well as delta queue .

<i>2. For inventory for BF an UM if any transaction takes place what happen to those records as there is no block documents. Hope i am clear</i>

If you are doing filling of setup table by no tick mark to "block the documents" then the data will be captured twice,in setyp table as well as delta queue . This situation is very dangerous(than sales) , because stock value will be currpted.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rak,

check this

oss note 505700

g) Early delta initialization in the logistics extraction:

As of PI 2002.1 and BW Release 3.0B, you can use the early delta initialization to perform the delta initialization for selected DataSources.

Only the DataSources of applications 11, 12 and 13 support this procedure in the logistics extraction for PI 2002.1.

The early delta initialization is used to admit document postings in the OLTP system as early as possible during the initialization procedure. If an early delta initialization InfoPackage was started in BW, data may be written immediately to the delta queue of the central delta management.

When you use the "direct delta" update method in the logistics extraction, you do not have to wait for the successful conclusion of all delta Init requests in order to readmit document postings in the OLTP if you are using an early delta initialization.

When you use the "queued delta" update method, early delta initialization is essentially of no advantage because here, as with conventional initialization procedures, you can readmit document postings after successfully filling the setup tables, provided that you ensure that no data is transferred from the extraction queue to the delta queue, that is, an update collective run is not triggered until all of the delta init requests have been successfully posted.

<b>Regardless of the initialization procedure or update method selected, it is nevertheless necessary to stop any document postings for the affected application during a recompilation run in the OLTP (filling the setup tables).</b>

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

As we have the option of early delta initialization. what are the steps to be followed?

1. Create an infopackage on the datasource with update mode as Early delta initialization.

2. Execute the infopackage

3. Then goto R/3 fill up the setuptables

4. In bw execute the inti infopackage

5.then onwards execute delta infopackage..

Am i correct..correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Rak

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Can anyone tell me tat the above steps are correct or wrong plz.

regards

Rak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. You are right

-Shreya

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Shreya: I have a doubt here. the first step what i am going to do is

1. Execute early delta initilization. once after doing this the data will start moving into LBWQ or delta queue? (I am using Queue delta)

2. Setup tables are filled up from the base tables where the delta transactions also available. If i fillup the setup tables will there not be a doubling of records when i run the delta.

I am worried as i have to do in production server..Plz help me..

Regards

Rak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. LBWQ

2.no double records

-Shreya