cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 installation on external HD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a dual boot laptop with XP and Win 2003 server. I have a 1 TB external HD connected to the laptop, on which i want to install ECC 6 and BI 7.0. I have installed Oracle and JDK as per requirement.But when SAP ECC 6.0 installation starts it doesn't show me installation drive option for my external drive (H:). Only options are C: and 😧 what should i do ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try maping the drive

Mycomputer-->right click map network drive hope that will help you solve your problem

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

exactly try it if you are not getting then tell also if you can install mother board driver cd .....

then it automatically show...

ok

Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Mycomputer>right click manage>DiskManagement-->were you able to see your external harddisk

drive there ? if yes then right on that drive-->change drive letter and path then add the drive letter

to that i will work

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for answering..... The external HD already has a drive letter assigned to it. I have main HDD partitioned as C,D,E and F; H is external Drive, G is the DVD ROM. C: has Win 2003 server and 😧 has Win XP. But during installation i can only choose between C and D. Nothing else is visible.