cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CI not starting during upgrade downtime: startsap error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am upgrading a HA (MSCS) CRM 5.2 system to CRM 2007 and am having an issue during the STARTSAP_TRANS phase at the beginning of the downtime portion of the upgrade. Below are the contents of what I think are all the relevant logs. The error in sapstart.log is the most puzzling as to why it cannot find the files specified. They all exist and I've verified the paths to be correct. The only issue I can possibly think of is the length of the instance profile path, which in this case is 66 characters long. I referenced note 1000897 before the upgrade and had changed the profile names back to their original names and verified the instance was able to start successfully. Besides, the note really only addresses this issue as it relates to RZ10 and not SAPSTART. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-

\upg directory\log\R3up.ECO

SAPup> Starting subprocess startsap.exe with id 6048 at 20090428164413

EXECUTING C:\put\exe\startsap.exe name=CRP nr=02 SAPDIAHOST= < ci hostname >

Environment: dbms_type=mss

Environment: JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_15-x64

Environment: Path=C:\PROGRA2\CA\SHARED1\Etpki\lib;C:\PROGRA1\CA\SHARED1\Etpki\lib;C:\Program Files\HP\NCU;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Imaging\;C:\PROGRA1\CA\SHARED1\SCANEN~1

Environment: PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH

Environment: dbs_mss_schema=crp

STARTSAP failed

Details are written to C:\put\tmp\startCRP.log

Process with ID 6008 terminated with status -1

Deleting file C:\put\tmp\upalert.log

-

\upg directory\tmp\startCRP.log

running C:\put\exe\sapstart.exe name=CRP nr=02 SAPDIAHOST=< ci hostname > -wait

SAPSTART finished successfully on < ci hostname >_CRP_02, but at least one process doesn't run correctly:

C:\put\exe\sapstart.exe=>sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

-

\DVEBMGS02\work\sapstart.log

SAP-R/3-Startup Program

Starting at 2009/04/28 16:44:13

Startup Profile: "
< global hostname >\sapmnt\CRP\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS02_< ci hostname >"

Starting Programs

(5480) Execute: G:\usr\sap\CRP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcpe.EXE pf=
< global hostname >\sapmnt\CRP\SYS\profile\CRP_DVEBMGS02_< ci hostname >

(4312) CreateProcess: F:\usr\sap\CRP\DVEBMGS02\exe\disp+work.EXE pf=
< global hostname >\sapmnt\CRP\SYS\profile\CRP_DVEBMGS02_< ci hostname >

(7664) CreateProcess(co.sapCRP_DVEBMGS02 -F pf=
< global hostname >\sapmnt\CRP\SYS\profile\CRP_DVEBMGS02_< ci hostname >) failed(2). ENOENT*: No such file or directory OR: The system cannot find the file specified.

(7664) CreateProcess(ms.sapCRP_DVEBMGS02 pf=
< global hostname >\sapmnt\CRP\SYS\profile\CRP_DVEBMGS02_< ci hostname >) failed(2). ENOENT*: No such file or directory OR: The system cannot find the file specified.

-

thanks!

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you John. This solution helped me to install 2-nd system in MSCS environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just reset the upgrade to just after prepare was complete and will double-check all hostnames and profiles and then will make another attempt at the upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP assisted in resolving this issue. The upgrade had made incorrect entries in the CI start profile.

Removed the following entries:

#--

Entries for support of High-availibilty--

1. Start syslog collector daemon

#----

CO = co.sapCRPDVEBMGS02

Execute_05 = local rm -f $(_CO)

Execute_06 = local ln -s -f $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)\rslgcoll.exe

$(_CO)

Start_Program_02 = local $(_CO) -F

pf=$(DIR_PROFILE)\CRP_DVEBMGS02_CI HOST

#----

1. Start message server

#----

MS = ms.sapCRPDVEBMGS02

Execute_07 = local rm -f $(_MS)

Execute_08 = local ln -s -f $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)\msg_server.exe

$(_MS)

Start_Program_03 = local $(_MS)

pf=$(DIR_PROFILE)\CRP_DVEBMGS02_CI HOST

Inserted the following lines:

#----

1. Start message server

#----

MS = msgserver.exe

Start_Program_03 = local $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)\$(_MS) pf=$(_PF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check mount point sapmnt, permissions etc. Are you starting with <SID>adm user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks. Sapmnt appears correct, including permissions (full control). I am running upgrade as <SID>adm user, and I've verified that this user can access the profile path without issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

compare the GLOBAL HOSTNAME settings in profiles directory of Default,Instance and start

Some things wrong with profiles

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree something must be wrong with one or more profiles, and the error is just not specific enough.

I just verified that the GLOBAL and LOCAL HOSTNAMES in all profiles are consistent in name and case.