cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with BAPI execution from WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement to display the details of a PM notification with the notification number as the input.

We are using the BAPI, BAPI_ALM_GET_DETAIL to fetch the details. Now this BAPI also fetches the functional location. The problem is that if the functional location is "XX.XXX.XXXX", the display shows "?10000233" or some similar number prefixed by a "?".

This happens only when we try this from the webdynpro. If we directly execute the BAPI, the functional location is fetched just fine.

Does anyone know what the problem can be?

Is this a problem with conversion exits?

Regards,

Satyajit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satya,

I too had faced similar problem for currency in one of my application. The BAPI when executed from R/3 was showing correct results whereas WD was shwoing some thing else.

Please ask an ABAPer to use the Debug mode and check where the value of the required file is getting changes. There is definitely a problem in conversion routines as WD is just to show the data fetched from R/3 as per my understanding of your probelm.

Regards,

<b>Chintan Virani.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I think this is a problem with conversion exits.

In your case what was the solution?

Regards,

Satyajit.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satya,

The ABAPer did the changes in the conversion program. From WD side there was no change.

Please ask the BAPI developer to investigate using debug mode and he can only figure out what's changing where and the solution for it.

<b>- Chintan Virani</b>

ashwin_bhat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Referring to the problem you had with the conversion routine ( a year back ) ),

Did you have a custonized conversion routine?

Answers (0)