cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem withLabel prinitng in SCRIPT ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am new to label printing though i have worked on many script developments before .

My Script is calling a Standard Text(SO10) which is in the format that can be only understood by Zebra printer .

The problem is : We are printing batch information on label . But it is printing the Actual variable &BATCH& in the output but not the actual value that it holds . How Can I correct this ?

2) how is the SO10 text is being generated ? How Can I interpret that information with out actually printing ?.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.SO10 text is interpreted as Hexadecimal and stored in the data base tables like STXH ,STXL etc.

2.This text can be read by READ_TEXT Fm.

Labels are the small sticker say the address stickers which you will put on the envelops which carries the mails to customer.

To create the lables you need to create as many main windows in one page restricted to 100 main windows. Put your code in the text elements of the main window. You will need to put code only in one window's element. Because the text are attached at the window level, not at the page window level.

To create labels in SAPSCRIPT, you will have to define multiple MAIN WINDOWS in the Page Window.. try the following steps..

Main windows in page windows allow you to format text in multiple columns. Define an area in the page window, in which to position the main windows.

1. Create a page window and assign it to a page.

2. Choose Edit --> Main windows.

A dialog box appears.

3. Enter values in the fields Area width and Area height in accordance with the input guidelines for main windows.

4. Enter values in the fields Spacing and Number in the Horizontal group if you want to use multiple columns. You can ignore the fields in the Vertical group.

5. Determine how many columns and line areas are required for label printing. Then enter the corresponding values in the fields in the Horizontal and Vertical groups.

Also Check these links.

Regards,

Shiva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dharma,

From the Standard text you can't print label's. You need to create bar codes in SE73 and assign the bar code to the character format in the script and then assign it to the variable in the respective window.

Standard text is for displaying text only.

For creating Bar code, you can find many in forums.