Moving Universe from Development to Production
I am working in XI R3.1.
I have modified an existing universe in designer. what are the things that I have to take care of before i export it to Production. In our company not using Import Wizard to move the universe from dev to production. we are moving the .unv files and reports to production using the manual method. i.e save the .unv file in a shared network and open it in production and save the universe.
Below are the steps that I am following. Please let me know If I am wrong.
1. Imported and modified the universe according to the requirements.
2. checked the integrity check and cardinality. there were no errors.
3. saved the universe and checked the radio button "Save for all users"
4. changed the connection to SHARED connection.
5. exported the universe to repository.
copied the .unv file from the USERDOCS where all the .unv files are stored to a shared network
6. opened the .unv file in production environment. changed the connection to secured and saved the universe and checked the radio button "Save for all users."
7. Imported the universe to production repository.
Am I following the correct steps. Please shed some light.