cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification extraction to BI (CTBW) - Deleted characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a classification datasource for the material object, which I created with CTBW transaction. I load this in delta mode and everyhting works fine, except when a characteristic value is deleted.

More specifically, if all values for the characteristics in my CTBW datasource are changed to blank, or the whole class assignment is deleted from the main object, then no record is extracted to BI. This results in old attribute values on 0Material not being blanked out.

I read SAP Note 1237050 but having a dummy mandatory characteristic assigned to the class does not solve the issue where the class assignment is deleted. Also, this is not an issue related to delta upload. The same happens with a full extraction. And this is because the non valuated characteristics are deleted from R/3 AUSP table (standard logic). So, how can this be solved in all the cases?

I don't like having a self-looping transformation to my 0material object to delete the attributes values as a preliminary step to a full reload of the classification data. This is going to be too much time consuming (too many records being changed + the change run having to activate all those changes).

Any ideas?. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

Were you able to resolve this ?

I would appreciate if you can provide solution if you solved this issue.

Thanks