cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the look of the NetWeaver login page?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I searched and searched and did not find anything. How do I change the branding/graphics on the login page in 12.0?

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The login page is not MII - did you do your searching in the NetWeaver and UME areas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I looked at the NetWeaver and UME areas, I'm thinking I can use the same instructions I used for the SAP Portal. I was wondering if there was anything specific to MII.

Thanks Jeremy,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That would make a great article for SDN - 'Login Page Tweaking for Manufacturing'.

All of the MII User Administration is handled within UME, when it comes to groups, roles, users, and the login process (including the login page).

When a user logs into UME, with an MII session as its destination, there is another layer for governing the MII Data Server and Services permissions (Services moved to UME in 12.1), and the Personalization service navigation/tab items, but these are just added on top of a UME login.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy, I only want to change the graphics on the login page though. I will pursue with my Portal approach.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

I realize this question is answered, but I have modified the login pages for our MII instances.

There may be a cleaner way to do this (ok maybe this is a hack), but I managed to locate the images on the server, located at.

<DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.admin\servlet_jsp\logon\root\layout

In my case, I modified two files and restarted the server:

branding-image.jpg -- "That sexy SAP graphic showing some sort of structure"

branding-text.gif -- "The SAP NetWeaver banner at the bottom right"

There are also two files named branding-image-portals.jpg and branding-text-portals.gif.

I substituted these files with my own graphics. My version of branding-image is a bit taller than the stock SAP graphic, but that did not cause any problems.

I am absolutely positive that this is not the SAP recommended approach. Also, some support pack installations will overwrite these files, so you may need to reinstall them if patches are applied.

Regards,

Rod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rod,

That is all I have found so far myself. I asked the same question on the NetWeaver forum and will post the non-hack way if I can find one!

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like there is NOT a non-hack way to accomplish this.

I was going to publish something on SDN about this, but my Basis person removed my access to the file system on my server so it wouldn't be as accurate as I'd like. I never publish something without verifying it.

I believe the portal instructions do NOT work as the portal has its own login page that is different from NetWeaver's. I can't verify this anymore though, so this is from memory. I think I looked for the portal login page in the file system and it was not there.

If anyone would like a copy of my doc about how to hack this, notify me and I'll send it along. It is enough to get the idea.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

What about:

1. create your own login screen with appropriate graphics, a username input and a password input (i.e. <input type="password"...>, login button.

2. the login button uses the redirect URL to navigate to your portal, similar to:

http://<server>:<port>/logon/logonServlet?redirectURL=/XMII/Illuminator&service=Personalization&j_us... entered>&j_password=<password entered>

Of course, the login screen couldn't be an IRPT.

There may be some security issues as the password would be included as a redirected URL parameter, though I've seen various ways to pass URL parameters "cloaked" so that they are not visible, though I think that this depends on the browser/client.

I'm presuming that since you're asking that single sign-on-type setup isn't available. If it is then this would another option.

Regards,

Dave