cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load a flat file into BW-BPS using SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using BW BPS 3.5 version, i implemented how to guide " How to load a flat file into BW-BPS using SAP GUI" successfully without any errors.

I inlcuded three infoobjects in the text file costelemt, Posting period and amount. the same three infoobjects i inlcuded the file structure in the global data as specified in the how to document

The flat file format is like this

Costelmnt Postingperiod Amount

XXXXX #

XXXXX 1 100

XXXXX 2 800

XXXXX 3 700

XXXXX 4 500

XXXXX 5 300

XXXXX 6 200

XXXXX 7 270

XXXXX 8 120

XXXXX 9 145

XXXXX 10 340

XXXXX 11 147

XXXXX 12 900

I successfully loaded above flat file in to BPS cube and it dispalyed in the layout also.

But users are requesting to load flatfile in the below format

Costelmnt Annual(PP=#) Jan(PP=1) Feb(PP=2) ........................................Dec(PP=12)

XXXXX Blank 100 800 900

Is it possible to load a flat file like this

They wants load a single row instead of 13 rows for each costelement

How to do this. Please suggest me if anybody accorss this requirment.

In the infocube we have got only one Info object 0FISCPER3(Posting period) and one 0AMOUNT(Amount)

do we need 13 Infobjects for each posting period and amount.

Is there any possiblity we can implement any user exit which we use in BEX Quer's

Please share your ideas on this.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: Rayapa on May 1, 2009 5:22 PM

Edited by: Rayapa on May 1, 2009 5:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the planning function exit used to load the file. Define the internal table with the structure of the file as per user's requirement and then load file in that internal table. Then while moving contents from this internal table to the table which is of the same structure as of cube, append 12 entries for each entry of the 1st internal table.

And then use 2nd internal table to write data to the cube.

You don't need to change cube structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply guys.

I already implemented the code in the function module with out changeing the cube.

It is working fine.

Is there any possibility we can load .XLS file toe BW-BPS cube instead of .txt file.

as per sap how to guide it says we can only laod tab delimited text files only.

Is there any possibility to load XLS files in to BW BPS planning cubes.

Please suggest me if anybody had implemnted logic for .XLS files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might be using METHOD cl_gui_frontend_services=>file_open_dialog for this. Change the file extension to .xls and try to debug the format of records of the uploaded file.

If it is not coming in correct fromat, then implement the logic to correct it.

EXPORTING

window_title = 'Select Upload File'

default_extension = 'xls'

file_filter = 'Excel Files (*.xls)'.

I have implemented it for .csv files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 ways to do this.

One is to change the structure of the cube to have 12 key figures for the 12 posting periods.

Another way is to write an ABAP Function Module to fetch the values from each record based on the posting period and store it in the cube for the corresponding characteristic. This way, you dont have to change the structure of the cube.

If this particular cube is not used anywhere else, I would suggest to change the structure itself.

Hope this helps.