cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling SMARTFORM instead of SAPSCRIPT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've imported my SAPSCRIPT to my SMARTFORM. I got rid of all the syntax errors, and have my NACE/TNAPR config completed.

I know the Print Program will need revisions. I am trying to understand that when the Print Program's old code said:

CALL FUNCTION 'WRITE_FORM'
         EXPORTING
              element = 'TITLE'
              window  = 'TITLE'
         EXCEPTIONS
              element = 1
              window  = 2.

And, there is a window migrated from SAPSCRIPT to SMARTFORM called "TITLE". I know that I now call the SMARTFORM function Module. But I am not sure of the parameters to export to it. How do I get it to go to the window "TITLE" to print the text there? How will it know to go to "TITLE" window? Am I going to need more flow logic in the SMARTFORM for this, or is there a way for the Calling Print Program to go to the "TITLE" window and print what is there and return back to the print program at this point?

All the IF/ENDIF logic migrated to the SMARTFORM as TEXT elements, which should work, only I used the modular IF/ENDIF objecvts in previous new dev when needed.

Thank-You.

Edited by: TMM on Apr 28, 2009 1:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How will it know to go to "TITLE" window?

Smartform Processes the Windows in some defined Order based on the Windows type.

When we use the SAPScript, we need to call each Text Element to be able to print the text. In Smartform, we need to pass all the required parameters to the Form Interface and you need to use it into your text elements to print it.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is there a way to configure the SMARTFORM Window TITLE (General Attributes-Output Options- Conditions), or SMARTFORM text TITLE (General Attributes-Output Options- Conditions) that will only do the title window stuff at this point like the Print Program's original logic was intended? Or am I going to have to write a lot of logic with loops, ifs/endifs, etc. in the SMARTFORM?

Thanks Naimesh.

Answers (0)