cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK Communication error Situation (R2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario in which I am trying to write a jsp that authenicates into a BO Environment that resides in a different location from a java web application.

I have a local BO instance so for starters, I wrote a jsp that I is deployed within my own local BO instance and the code works just fine.

I sent the java developer the 25 jars that are listed as required for BOE and sent the same code. Whe he tried it, he gets the following:

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server XX600N2B2:6400 (FWM 01009) cause:com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$CommunicationError: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server XX600N2B2:6400 (FWM 01009) cause:com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: minor code: 0x0 completed: No detail:Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server XX600N2B2:6400 (FWM 01009) detail:Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server XX600N2B2:6400 (FWM 01009

Is there an additional step that needs to be done within the java web app? The weird thing is that we both can log into Infoview, so both boxes can see the target server.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Clark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

On the machine where the app is, what happens if you try pinging XX600N2B2?

Do you use the FQDN as the CMS name?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<On the machine where the app is, what happens if you try pinging XX600N2B2?>>

We can ping the server. As a matter of fact, Infoview comes up in both cases.

Do you use the FQDN as the CMS name?

Yes.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Any firewalls?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is what I am checking on now. The weird thing is that me and the developer can sit side by side in the same environment. If I try the same code within my BO instance it works but he tries it from his app and it does not.

I first game the java developer only the required BO SDK jars but I sent him all of them so he can compare the versions.

Is there any other suspiscious item to look out for?

Thanks for the response.

Clark

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I'd first look at firewall - especially those that are user credential or client IP specific.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out...the opendoc call also needed the domain qualifier.

Thanks!

Clark