cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importance of XI Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Am planning to appear for XI Certification this year.

I request you all to please help me know the importance of SAP XI?

Am a Certified SAP Techonology consultant. I have done few development projects as well..on SAP EP.

So would it be fine to do XI certification now......??

With reference to my previous post regarding pre-requsites for SAP XI certification, am curently learning ABAP & XML.

Please guide.

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks and Warm REgards,

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First entire ABAP knowledge is not necessary to learn XI. Basics of ABAP and knowledge of ALE and IDoc is sufficient to work in XI. Before appearing for XI certification make sure that basics of XI are clear and have hands on the basic scenarios.

Following are the links to weblogs which will help to develop the basic scenarios.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Proxy to File

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30 - File to JDBC

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - File to ABAP Proxy

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File to File Part 1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 - File to File Part 2

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping - Any flat file to any Idoc

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit - File to RFC

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - File to Mail

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i - Dynamic File Name Part 1

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii - Dynamic File Name Part 2

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address - Dynamic Mail Address

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi - Message Flow in XI

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm - Walk through BPM

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm - Schedule BPM

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/22/xi-maintain-rfc-destinations-centrally - Maintain RFC destination centrally

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/18/triggering-e-mails-to-shared-folders-of-sap-is-u - Triggering Email from folder

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/17/outbound-idocs--work-around-using-party - Handling different partners for IDoc

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi - Modeling Integration Scenario in XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible - Testing of integration process

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/25/xi-how-to-add-authorizations-to-repository-objects - Authorization in XI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/58/d22940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/content.htm - Authorization in XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step - Alert Configuration

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi - Call UNIX Shell Script

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi - Transport in XI

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/04/using-abap-xslt-extensions-for-xi-mapping - Using ABAP XSLT Extensions for XI Mapping

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure - Mail Adaptor options

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm - Collection of IDoc to Single File

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-controlling-access-to-sensitive-interfaces - Controlling access to Sensitive Interfaces

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14 - The same filename from a sender to a receiver file adapter - SP14

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2005/11/14/payload-based-message-search-in-xi30-using-trex-engine - Payload Based Message Search in XI30 using Trex Engine

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i - XI : Configuring CCMS Monitoring for XI- Part I

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter - XI: HTML e-mails from the receiver mail adapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/22/xi-faqs-provided-by-sap-updated - XI : FAQ's Provided by SAP

Thanks,

Prateek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the SLD central, did you check all

pipeline URLs to make sure that no X1

is stored anymore?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the best for your XI certication !!

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is good to have XI certification but according to me hands on experience carries more value. I agree with Manish, XI certification can not be substitute for hands on experience.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek & Manish,

Thank you sooo much for your replies.

Manish even I totally agree with you that hands-on is more valuable than just certification but on other hand would like to know (just for my information)..... whether certification is possible without hands-on?

As I said before, am in hte process of learning ABAP & XML. so as a beginner how much time do you think or how much of experience would help me for the certification?

You think that a XI fresher like me... may be with little experience till Nov 06, can appear or should appear for certification?

Secondly, from XI perspective, knowledge of entire ABAP is necessary?

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Ritu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

<i>You think that a XI fresher like me... may be with little experience till Nov 06, can appear or should appear for certification?</i>

I think you need a minimum 1 year requisite of experience in XI to be elgible to take up XI certification.

if you have attended an SAP training on XI then you can take it without the required experience.

<i>Secondly, from XI perspective, knowledge of entire ABAP is necessary?</i>

From what I have seen working on XI, I think you do not need to know ABAP inside out to become an expert in XI. But, on the same hand, knowing ABAP and JAVA is a good adavantage when dealing with XI.

Regards,

Bhavesh

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

I know people who have no hands-on experience on XI except for the sample exercises in the trainings, who have got the XI certification. So if you go through the training and prespare with the help of the training material and SAP online help, you should be able to clear the certification.

In-depth knowledge of ABAP, though desirable, is not a necessity. You can get through an XI certification without it. It will certainly help if you know ABAP when you start working on XI, but again, it is not necessary to be an ABAP guru.

Cheers

Manish

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

I know people who have no hands-on experience on XI except for the sample exercises in the trainings, who have got the XI certification. So if you go through the training and prespare with the help of the training material and SAP online help, you should be able to clear the certification.

In-depth knowledge of ABAP, though desirable, is not a necessity. You can get through an XI certification without it. It will certainly help if you know ABAP when you start working on XI, but again, it is not necessary to be an ABAP guru.

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you sooo much for your valuable inputs.

Well, since my PM has asked me to appear for XI certification exam this year & w.r.t. your replies, I'll finish learning ABAP, iDoc & XML and moveon to XI soon.

Prateek: Thank you for sending all the XI scenarios.

Atleast, Ill try to implement them before the certifcation.

Hope it would be sufficient......

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please can you send me some questions to mechthild0909heubrock@web.de

thanks, I hope it could be help me to make my certification this week.

Best regards

Mechthild

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

As you may well know, XI is SAP's middleware solution, providing integration capabilities for SAP and non-SAP solutions alike. It is becoming increasingly important in any SAP implementation, mostly because it makes integration to SAP systems easy to implement. Also, SAP's newer solutions like SRM and MDM use XI's capabilities natively.

SO if you are interested in working with XI, that is agood thing. It is quite different from EP though, because EP is very user and front-end oriented, whereas a good XI implementation is invisible to the end-users.

An certification is a good thing to have, and XI is no different. But as in any other SAP solution, the certification is no substitute for hands-on experience on XI... which is what you must get as soon as you can.

Cheers

Manish