cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Data Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start the Initial Data Transfer one of prerequisite condition i.e a site must be defined for the R/3 System in the Administration Console.

Please let me know 1) A site is Client or what? 2) How to create the site? 3) It has to be created in CRM system also if data transferring from CRM to R/3?

Thanks,

Ajith

Edited by: ajith.k on Apr 28, 2009 6:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member562530
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi aijth,

A site is an object that is shall be created in your SAP CRM in order to represent your R/3 backend system. The site contains some attributes (e.g RFC destination) used by the SAP CRM Middleware during data exchange.

You can create the site using the transaction SMOEAC.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Gabriel Santana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks, infomation is helpful.

Rewarded points.

Ajith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have looked into your query. Find the responses below for your queries:

****************************************************************************************************************************************

1) A site is Client or what?

****************************************************************************************************************************************

As of SAP CRM data exchange model, the R/3 Backend system has to be defined as a site, like the other systems of the distribution model. CRM and CDB sites are already predefined so you need

only to create the R/3 site and Mobile client sites. Once you have created the sites, you then have to define the distribution rules (subscriptions), which determine which data a site is to receive.

2) How to create the site?

Please note that a RFC Destination for the connection to the R/3 Backend has to be

defined before performing R/3 Site definition.

Go to transaction SMOEAC

1. Choose object type in left screen as Sites.

2. Choose Create icon,

3. Type the name of the site and the description and choose the site type R/3.

4. Choose u2018site attributesu2019 next to site type.

5. Enter the RFC destination for the site.6. Press Button 'Get values' then the R/3-Release and Logical System fields should be

automatically filled.

7. Save the new created site.

3) It has to be created in CRM system also if data transferring from CRM to R/3?

Yes basically as mentioned above all the CRM and CDB destinations are already predefined. But if you need the data exchange to R/3 system from CRM system, then also it has to be created as far as my understanding goes.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your quite elaborative & systematic information.

Rewarded points,

Ajith