cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using certificates to log into Visual Administrator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been asked to use certificates / SSL to log into the Visual Administrator as opposed to entering our usernames and passwords. Is this possible with the Visual Administrator and if so, are there any configuration guides, setup instructions or pointers to how to accomplish this? Has anyone else dones this type of configuration?

Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Thank-you,

Deb Nugent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Login to Visual Admin uses the P4 port. There is also a secure P4 port available. You may try to use this one. Another possibility would be to use NWA instead of Visual Admin - this can be used by SSL.

Just a warning: don't change the login modules for visual admin to some other ones - this won't work.

Cheers,

Anja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this question. Through another thread () and additional information, I have been told that this is not possible within the Visual Administrator.

While this is not the response I had hoped for, I am considering this question answered.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

VA is no longer available since NW 7.1, so moving to the AS Java forum which deals with older releases and is more likely to get your question answered there.