cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCA for Full Balance Sheet Accounting

0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru,

We're currently in 4.7. We've implemented PCA for Profit and Loss Accounting. There's business requirement to produce Full Balance Sheet Accounting in PCA, i.e. the one similar to Business Area. Can the standard PCA module (in 4.7) support Full Balance Sheet Accounting? If can, what are the settings and steps that need to be configured in the system? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks for your information.

Can we conclude that standard PCA in 4.7 cannot support Full Balance Sheet Accounting? You can only do this in ECC6. I would also appreciate if other SAP Guru can provide your view on this.

In your reply, you also mentioned that "You may need to provide certain top up entries to derive a balance sheet for reporting purpose". Can you help to share how you actually do this?

As always, thanks in advance for your assistance.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can get the full balance sheet from PCA.

The steps are:

1. You must make sure that you have completed financial statement version (OB58).

2. Copy this account groups to PCA. (Please check the paths to copy the FSV to your PCA.

3. See the available reports in KE80. One of the report must suit your requirement.

4. If they are not suitable to your requirement, create your own balance sheet format (using form and report) - Report painter.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks for your information. I am quite familiar with those 1KEK, 3KEH and 3KEI transactions. As you know, there must always be a Debit and Credit entry in order to have full Balance Sheet.

Example, if I carry out the overhead cost allocation from CC1 (map to PC1) to CC2 (map to PC2). As you can see, there is only ONE SIDE entry in PC1 and PC2. Hence, when you display the Balance Sheet report for PC1 & PC2, it will not be balanced. Are there any programs or steps that I can do to post the adjustment entries to force-balanced in PC1 & PC2?

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The balance sheet you draw out of PCA would not be an exact match to a company code balance sheet. Compromise has to be made to achieve a tally to the pie balance sheet. You can be assured of the profit, and the major receivables and payables and assets. You may need to provide certain top up entries to derive a balance sheet for reporting purpose. Only a company code would address the statutory needs. PCA may be used to address only non statutory requiremens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the scenario you described there is a concept of Reconciliation ledger which tracks all such transactions between cross co code/ cross profit center/cross business areas.

You can run transaction KALC at month end and system will posted adjustment entries.

You will have to review individual scenarios like this to check whether it is possible to obtain full balance sheet. However, you can pass single entry documents in PCA for adjustment.In this way you should be able to achieve.

Regards

Chetan.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can. Use 1KEK transaction to allocate the profit center for receivebles and payables. This is a period end transction, which you can carry out every period end. The assets would be have in their master data the profit center, hence these can be extracted by Profit Center.

Additionally reveiew the SPRO under Transferring Selected Balance Sheet Items and Choose Additional Balance Sheet and P&L Accounts