cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a TO in WM without a Previous Posting in IM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have created a TR manually by using the T-code LB01 and movement type is 521.

with respect to TR i have created a TO using the T-code LT04 and the stock is placed in the suitable Storage type and SBIN

but when i execute MMBE i am not able to see any increase in the stock.

so i want to know how to update the stock in IM wrt TO.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

WM is the functionality which is gives you advantage to control the stock at bin level. If you do not have WM then stocks are monitored at IM level.

Whenever there are IM posting for WM managed storage location system post TR or PCN. This TR & PCN move the WM stock. To keep the stock in synch you have to have IM posting first & then subsequent WM.

So to answer to your question is you can not do WM posting without IM posting. Please do IM first & then WM

hope you understand.

Regards,

PRashant

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IM and WM stock has to be in harmony with each other. In standard system it is "not possible" to increase the stock level by only WM bookings.

Please understand that WM movements mean internal movements (movements within your WH) and stock level can be changed only by IM bookings.

If you take a coin from your left pocket and put it into your right pocket, the coin is still at you, you have the same amount of coin.

As for "Posting first in WM":

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f83c3b4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

2. When you create a transfer order, the system posts a negative quantity to the interim storage area that is designated to receive material from production and a positive quantity to the destination storage bins in the warehouse, for example, in high rack storage.

5. When you post the goods receipt for the production order in the IM system, the system then updates the inventory data in IM and clears the negative quantities from the interim storage area.

You can see that SAP works well, no inconsistency will be created by a simple TO - the stock will increase both in IM and WM when you post the GR.

Regatrds,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 28, 2009 7:18 PM