cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had created an application which calls a RFC from a R/3 sever say XXX and uses WAS say YYYY. The application is working fine.

Now i need to give which R/3 server is the application using in the runtime. can we do this?

For change a change in WAS in think we will have to change the jco connection and redeploy. Or is ther any other option.

Please let me know in detail

Thanks n Regards,

Mahesh K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh & Mausam

I have tried the Blog but it doesn't solve the problem.Webdynpro metadata holds the reference in many places where it's difficult to find.So you have 2 solutions in hand.

1.Define different JCO connection for different systems and reimport the model using different connections BUT remember to restart the J2EE engine after re-import otherwise error occurs.

2.Delete the model and from Model Node & also from Used model Nodes and create it the model from scratch using different JCO destination.In this case ONLY rework is the context mappings.But I feel that this is the safe way to solve the problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ananda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

As Ananda says this is problematic with Adaptive RFC Model -- it is impossible to switch logical metadata system. Also you may switch logical data system you have to conform rule that both RFC destinations points to the same R/3 system!

What I advise you is to replace Adaptive RFC Model with SAP Enterprise Connector. It generates almost the same typed Java classes for accessing remote back-end. However, it does not create any dictionary artifacts (simple types, structures etc) and hence does not require logical data system. And you free to change "messageSpecifier", type JCO.Client, to whatever destination you need.

Note, that with SAP Enterprise Connector there is no notion of model and dictionary, so creation of context and necessary data types (along with labels, value helps, conversion exits) should be done manually

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

No, Mahesh .....I Think U No need to redeploy ur application in case of change in WAS..........

Regard's

Dheerendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

For changing infomation of JCO Connetions you can go through this <a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/01/27/web-dynpro-adaptive-rfc--how-to-change-logical-system-names-after-model-import">Weblog</a>.

Or you can make your JCO Destinations to point to some other R/3 server while configuring JCO destination. In that case you don't have to change JCO Connection and redeploy it.

Regards,

Mausam