cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is GUID in CRM & its significance please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

What is GUID in CRM & its significance please?

Thanks & Regards

Moni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moni

GUID stands for <b>G</b>lobally <b>U</b>nique <b>ID</b>entifier.

Thanks

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear KK

Thanks a ton for the reply .

What is its significance/use please ? Why do we use that?

Thanks & Regars

Moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moni

To my understanding, it is unique identifier (meaning it is unique in number with which u can identify an Product in Basket. This is just an example)

GUID is something similar to a Primary Key in database !!!

Thanks

KK

Message was edited by: KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it use for relating or linking the R/3 & CRM tables ? Could you please elaborate ur standpoint? I am going to give you points .

Message was edited by: Moni

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moni,

we cannot say that the GUID is specific for linking R/3 and CRM tables. The GUID is a unique combination of chars and digits with different types of output (16, 22, 32 chars). It's created using function module GUID_CREATE and - especially in CRM - used as a primary key for database tables. E.g. field PARTNER_GUID in table BUT000 is used to link the data in this table with the BPs fragments tables (for example CRM*FRG0041).

GUIDs are used in the R/3 plugin as well, e.g. table CRMPARNR.

However, you could easily use another unique identifier to map this table. For example, in R/3 customer master data the customer number (KNA1-KUNNR) is the identifier and primary key in all dependent tables (e.g. KNVV).

Kind regards.

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried giving you ur due points but no options appear . How do i give you the points ? please clarify .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moni

I feel your SDN Session has been EXPIRED !!!

Please Log out and Login Again !!

Moni, just now checked !!!! I feel there is a problem in SDN Point Database !! Wait a while and check it again..

Thanks

KK

Message was edited by: KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moni

Now the Database is up !!!!

Thanks

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear KK

i guess its still down dear , i will give u the points without fail as & when its up ,promise ..

Moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

cheers man !!

KK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Please explain whose job is to create the GUIDs and where to find the GUIDs of particular data in the CRM?