Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exending SAME ALV tree control to different screens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to extend same ALV tree control to other different screens:

For exmaple:

I have screen 100 in that I have splitter control on Left ( say TREE_LEFT) which has ALV tree (ref to CL_GUI_ALV_TREE).

The same Tree I want to show it in Screen 200 with the same reference(TREE_LEFT) ..I do not want to create another rererence to for the same tree control, as I have to show the same tree display in screen 200 also.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sathishkumar.V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kanagaraja_L
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

You are passing the Data to the Screen 100,200,..... by using ALV_GRID OO concept.so the screen is not a constant one.

It is possible to pass the Data (Based on the ALV_TREE user selection) and Modify the Screen dynamically by designing the Fieldcat.

So use only one screen may it 100 or 200 and then Pass data based on the user selection from the Tree control.

For Example Go to TCODE WE02 Execute it will appear one ALV Tree, Based on the Idocs in the Left side tree then screen will display the dynamic Data.

Thanks,

Kanagaraja .L

2 REPLIES 2

Kanagaraja_L
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

You are passing the Data to the Screen 100,200,..... by using ALV_GRID OO concept.so the screen is not a constant one.

It is possible to pass the Data (Based on the ALV_TREE user selection) and Modify the Screen dynamically by designing the Fieldcat.

So use only one screen may it 100 or 200 and then Pass data based on the user selection from the Tree control.

For Example Go to TCODE WE02 Execute it will appear one ALV Tree, Based on the Idocs in the Left side tree then screen will display the dynamic Data.

Thanks,

Kanagaraja .L

0 Kudos

I got the Idea based on your Suggestion(WE 02 Transaction) .

Thank you.