Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Activity value 71 - 'Analyze'

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are building a role for SCM display transactions. The business wants to include transactions MC.6, MC.A, and MCE3. All three transactions seem to require an Activity value of 71 (Analyze) for object M_INFO_ANL.

My initial reaction is that 'Analyze' is not just a passive activity, and provides more than display, but cannot find any supporting documentation. Does anyone know of source to determine what capabilities that Analyze provides to the user?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not 100% sure but I think that the standard analysis just reads data from the LIS structures (Sxxx) and provides analysis of the data. You can save the result of your standard analysis for subsequent analysis. You can read about standard analysis [here|http://allian.uclv.net/saphelp/helpdata/EN/c1/375552449a11d188fe0000e8322f96/frameset.htm]. So I assume that authorization allows user to execute standard analysis and save the result.

You can see that authorization check for activity 71 is only executed in two reports. In one report the SAP call FM MCS_ANALYSE_CALL which is well documented. So maybe you just need to ask some functional guy what exactly is done during standard analysis.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All these are analysis transactions under logistics information system which would pull data from Info structures for various applications. The data can be used by end users (managers) for analyzing the trends, purchase information, sales information etc. The transactions offer many distinct features for sorting, drill down etc. The final result can be saved. The activity analyze is therefore required for doing all above operations.

For more details on the LIS you should try SAP help.

Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses. Quite helpful.