cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cscheck error when testing ODBC on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to test ODBC setup on linux with the cscheck utility at /bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86/dataAccess/RDBMS/connectionServer/tools

I have sourced ./env.sh before and then when I try ./cscheck I get:

./cscheck: error while loading shared libraries: libcsck_core.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have the libcsck_core.so at /bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86 directory and I have included this in the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Any ideas where the libcsck_core.so should be located for the cscheck to work ?

Thanks, Timo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

The real issue is here when trying to retrieve data with WebI report:

A database error occured. The database error text is: (CS) "DBDriver failed to load : /data/boxi/boserver/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86/dataAccess/RDBMS/connectionServer/libdbd_mssql.so (libodbc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)" . (WIS 10901)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The real issue is here when trying to retrieve data with WebI report:

A database error occured. The database error text is: (CS) "DBDriver failed to load : /data/boxi/boserver/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86/dataAccess/RDBMS/connectionServer/libdbd_mssql.so (libodbc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)" . (WIS 10901)

libodbc.so is located at:

/data/boxi/boserver/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86/odbc/lib/libodbc.so

and it is in LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/data/boxi/boserver/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86/odbc/lib

I wonder where libodbc.so should be located ?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there was a thread here on setting up ODBC and MySQL odbc drivers fro BOE. I think you can find all the answers there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume this is the threat you refer to:

My problem is that the cscheck works now but when used with Universe in WebI it gives the error above. It cannot find the libodbc.so library so some reason ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I copied the libraries from odbc/lib to linux_x86 directory and it started working.