Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify users who logon via. SAPGUI!

Former Member

All - We are planning to deploy a SNC solution that will be targetted specifically to users who are logging on to SAP via. SAP LOgon GUI. Is there a table/report that will provide that information. We do not have CUA. We have users who logon to SAP via. Enterprise portal alone and we would like exclude those users.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

GUI

Go to SUIM

By logon date and password

Select your criteria

External user

WEB

Go to ST03N

Web statistics

Select web client destination static

Select user

RFC

Same way u can find out RFC Profile

Through RFC who and all are login

From the above list filter what u want

0 Kudos

We have users who logon the SAP system via. Enterprise portal as well and the logon date for those users is also getting updated. If we filter via. SUIM for last logon date, it will show all the users. What I am alooking is way to determine the users who had logged on via. SAP Logon GUI client in the last few days (90,100, etc).

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> We have users who logon the SAP system via. Enterprise portal as well and the logon date for those users is also getting updated. If we filter via. SUIM for last logon date, it will show all the users. What I am alooking is way to determine the users who had logged on via. SAP Logon GUI client in the last few days (90,100, etc).

Bad news - there's no such functionality in the standard (aside of using the Security Audit Log - but evaluation will be cumbersome).

The best approach I can think of is using the SAPGUI logon user-exit (i.e. the user-exit that is only processed after a successful SAPGUI logon): there you could perform some updates on a custom table which you can evaluate later-on.

May I ask for your intention? Why do you need to know whether a user has used SAPGUI to logon to the system?

Regards, Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Dear Wolfgang Janzen

We to have a requirement to identify Total users who login via GUI (Logon Pad). We are planning to Implement SNC with SSO Client. We need to identify the user list to get SNC client license from SAP.

Regards

Siva