Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Release frequency for Authorization Roles

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

At my present customer all system changes are transported via release management. The current frequency of releases is 2 times a year. This includes SAP support packages, customizing, abap AND authorization roles.

Now I would like to establish a different, quicker release 'speed' for authorization roles only (f.i. once a week).

I already motivated my request with many reasons (role changes can be considered as master data changes; the lack of speed leeds to insecure 'workarounds'; role management issues are 'redesigned' to user management issues; etc.) but what I am still looking for are reference documents, best practices, audit reports in which the same advise is described.

Could you please help me with my quest?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Lodewijk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_Buchholz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lodewijk,

I agree, that is is useful to define a specific schedule for transporting roles in oposite to the schedule for updating the software, however, I do not have a document described some best practise. Anyway, the following link may help you to convince the management, that you can setup a process including 4-eyes checks on the transports:

[TMS Quality Assurance|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/9c/a544c6c57111d2b438006094b9ea64/frameset.htm]

Using this process you would accept transports only which cointains roles (R3TR ACGR...).

Kind regards

Frank

1 REPLY 1

Frank_Buchholz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lodewijk,

I agree, that is is useful to define a specific schedule for transporting roles in oposite to the schedule for updating the software, however, I do not have a document described some best practise. Anyway, the following link may help you to convince the management, that you can setup a process including 4-eyes checks on the transports:

[TMS Quality Assurance|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/9c/a544c6c57111d2b438006094b9ea64/frameset.htm]

Using this process you would accept transports only which cointains roles (R3TR ACGR...).

Kind regards

Frank