cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Access Enforcer 5.2 Password Emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to see or track the password emails sent out by Access Enforcer (GRC 5.2 version) when a request for a new employee is provisioned? They do not appear to be on the VIRSA_AE_EMLLOG table with the other emails.

We have a situation where the users are saying that they are not receiving the password emails. They say they are receiving the other emails (email submission, stages, closing, reminders). I can verify that these other emails where generated and sent out based on the entries in the EMLLOG table, but can't find anything for the provisioning password email.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please make sure that you have configured the administrator details in the Support Option of Configuration of CUP. Provide System administrator, EMail ID and Phone number here.

See if this resolves the issue.

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the junk email folder on the user's email client. We use Exchange/Outlook in our company and are finding that in some cases the AE password emails are being treated as junk. No luck on a fix as of yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

The request submission and request closing emails sent out right away so they don't need to reside in any queue. That must be the reason that you won't be able to find those emails in 'VIRSA_AE_EMLLOG'.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, those show up in the EMLLOG table. Those are not what I am after. The emails sent out during request submission/reminder/closing and the stages all show up in the EMLLOG table.

I am referring to the email that gets sent out for a request for a new user that contains that user's password for SAP. This password email apparently is generated by a different process than the other emails and does not appear in the EMLLOG table. It is basically a hidden function. Need to know if there is another table that logs these emails, or is there some way to verify that they have been generated and sent out.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

Sorry, it was my misunderstanding. I am able to see those emails in VIRSA_AE_EMLLOG but they won't show any content as these are confidential emails. Here is one entry from this table:

EMAILID EML_FROM EML_TO CC BCC SUBJECT MESSAGE CREATEDBY CREATEDTIME UPDATEDTIME STATUS_FLAG MSG_NEW ATTCH_FLAG

1 null alpesh @us.pwc.com null null Request - 10 -- Provisioning Password confidnetial eamil with password AE provisioing 2007-10-02 null CLOSED null 0

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those records are not in our EMLLOG table. Our table only has entries with a CREATEDBY value of Submission, Approved, and Closing. It's hard to tell by your sample record, but it appears to have a different value for this field. Is there a configuration setting that controls what gets written to the EMLLOG table?

Also noticed that your table looks a little different than ours, we do not have an ATTCH_FLAG field in our table.

We are on GRC 5.2 SP9, does that make a difference? (We are also in the middle of upgrading to SP12.)

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

I did not test this in AE 5.2 SP9. This table entry comes from CUP/AE 5.3 SP6. SAP might have started logging the password email starting later SP of AE 5.2 or AE 5.3. Try loading latest SP of 5.2 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our test system has been updated to GRC 5.2 SP12, but I don't see any difference in the table. Can you verify which version/SP started logging these emails?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Bob. I won't be able to verify this as I only CUP 5.3. You should open a CSS message with SAP and they should be able to provide you this kind of details.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is interesting. I am using AC 5.3 SP07 Patch1 and I do not have the "Password Provisioning" emails in my table either. I have everything else but cannot see the ones that are generated to distribute the passwords.

Would love to know wher ethe template is stored for these emails The grammer/formatting needs work!

-J