cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving ignores message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have configured message archiving for PI in ABAP. The retention period for archiving and deletion has been set to 1 day. There were two branched asynchronous messages of one interface that were successfully processed four days ago. The second message was sent two minutes after the first. Archiving was activated for the interface before the messages were sent.

After I ran an archiving and deletion job only the second message was archived. The first message was not processed by the archive job and still showed up in the message monitor. Also after a second archiving and deletion run the message wasn't archived. What could cause this behavior?

Regards,

HK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check these parameters in your sxmb_adm configuration:

ARCHIVE - PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES - ONLY_FIRST_VERSION

ARCHIVE - PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES

ARCHIVE - VERSION

Also you may find useful information here:

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Thanks for you answer. I'll see if setting those parameters or the suggestions in the other post solves my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parameters PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES and VERSION were not configured. I created them and set the value of PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES to 0 and VERSION also to 0 (all versions).

Parameter ARCHIVE - PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES - ONLY_FIRST_VERSION was not available.

After configuring the parameters I started a new archive job, but after the job was finished I couldn't select the new archive for a delete program. So unfortunately the message wasn't picked up by the archive.