Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMSADM issue

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have applied new password policies in our system and hence TMSADM password was changed for compliance. It requires every password to contain atleast 1 number.

Our TMS is not working now, as teh password for TMSADM is no longer compliant with the new policy. When we try to configure TMS again, it gives an error saying ' TMSADM password should contain atleast 1 digit'.

But TMSADM user and its password is created by the system.

I have changed the password of TMSADM in all the system as per the new rule.

Now, how do I generate all the RFC connections related to TMSADM in all the systems of the transport domain so that the new password in incorporated in the RFC connection TMSADM@SYSTEM?

Thanks.

Edited by: Gautam Poddar on Apr 28, 2009 2:33 PM

Edited by: Gautam Poddar on Apr 28, 2009 3:28 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check SAP Notes 761637,713622 and 749977. It helped us to resolved same issue.

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The ST22 short dumps related to this error was saying that TMSADM does not have required access for Object S_RFC

I created a custom role with S_RFC (all access) and assigned it to TMSADM, it's working fin enow.

But this is just a work around.

I checked the object S_RFC in profile S_A.TMSADM(default profile for TMSADM) and its looks same as in a system where TMSADM is working fine.

Could someone tell me that why all of a sudden TMSADM fell short of authorization.

Why is it requiring extra access for S_RFC?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Run either a system trace or security audit log (Sm20) to look out for any changes relating authorizations of that user, update the thread if you are able to find what you're looking for.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer SAP Note 761637 - Login restrictions prevent TMSADM logon

and Note 139854 - Unexpected login prompt in TMS as well.

read ; http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/42/46b3fe886e11d3b48100609419f767/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/44/b4a07a7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

see if it applies to your case.

Ravi

Edited by: ravi raj on Apr 28, 2009 4:37 PM

Edited by: ravi raj on Apr 28, 2009 4:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The steps for re-create the TMSADM in TMS ....

-> Generate the user in the system overview of the TMS with Extras -> Reset user TMSADM.

-> Make sure that user TMSADM has the correct password, the profile S_A.TMSADM, and that it is a CPIC user and valid.

Then -> Logging on to a system to the domain controller

-> Distributing the TMS configuration in the system overview

If you get the Error for any child system , try to re-create the TMSADM User and RFC destination....

Hope to help you....

Regards,

Sureshram.