cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension properties / Dimension members BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In BPC 5.1 in the managing dimension menu from administration, there are 2 options(on dimension view):

Dimension properties and Dimension members. I want to know what is the relation between both?

I think in "properties" menu you define the fields of the dimension and in "members" you can fill in the fields that have been defined previously.

In dimension properties there are no the same number of fields we have defined on the "properties", so probably the system adds the compulsory fields.

Do anybody knows if this is rigth?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You are correct.

Properties are nothing but attributes of Dimensions and they describe a Dimension. There are some predefined properties.Members are values of a Dimension.

Maintain dimension properties- it will add the properties for the dimension and also some default properties are created while adding new dimensions.

Maintain dimension members-Here we can load master data,ie giving values for the fields depending upon our requirement.

Regards,

Anila

Edited by: Anila Mohan on Apr 28, 2009 2:23 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The default properties for a dimension are determined using the dimension type. Each dimension type has different set of properties pre-defined. There are other few properties which are common to all the dimension and that doesnt gets listed in the maintain dimension properties such as Id, NewId,etc. to add further as far as hierarchy fields are concerned, they are added directly to the dimension member sheet without including them in the properties list.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clearing up my issue.