cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New view Accounting in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can some one suggest like create new view Accounting in material master for managing the split valuation?

I need of three new view Accounting for insert more valuation category, is possible create it?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Gaetano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirements is:

to manage three different warehouse --> 1 valuated and the other two non valuated

For the warehouse valuated my customer want to use the split valuation and to identify for three different batch master three valuation types for the same material, because will be the end user to insert the correct valuation type that it can be new, used or obsoled.

Can you help me?

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Create the material with 1 valuaton category and then extend (create) with 3 valuation types as suggested above. When ever you are doing transacton system asks you to choose one valuation type for valuation purpose.

Thanks

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For proving the split valuation concept to the material , you need to be activated the split valuation for the plant.

Then you need to follow the SPRO settings MMValuation and account assignmentsplit valuation--activate/configure split valuation.

Here you will be defining the Valuation categories and valuation types for that valuation area your plant.

Now you come to the material , and create the accounting view with the valuation category , and with Moving average price.

After proving the valuation category to the material sustem will allow to provide the alowable valuation types which are assigned to that valuation categories.Again in MM01 for that material select the accounting view and provide the valuation type required for that material and after enring system will ask valuation details like price and provide the price with standard price.These views created for the valuation types are called child views.

Now if you create a PO, or a batch or while doing MIGO, or for creation of orders, system will ask for valuation type and the material will be valuated accordingly.

Please note that a material can have only one valuation category and n number of valuation types.

If you want the material to be identified with New, Used or Obsalate you need to folow a differrant procedure.Does your material is with batch management?

what do you mean by used or new or obsalate ? when a batch expires it can be termed to be obsalate.

Please be precise with your requirement so that a better answer can be given.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need more view Accounting in the material master data for to manage the split valuation with three valuation category (new, used, obsoled), because I don't want that the end user in good receipt insert the correct valuation category.

If there is another way for to manage more simply the split valuation in good receipt, please suggest me.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Gaetano

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to create single valuation category (say ex: Material status) and then create material with three valuation types new, old, obsolete. You can search for activating split valuation for a material. Create the valuation category and valution type as suggested.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are talking about valuation types (new, used, and obsolete). In standard SAP, we mention u2018valuation typeu2019 in PO. So when you do GR against this PO, system populates same valuation type. So there is no question of entering wrong valuation type at the time of GR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I have more valuation category for the same material, correct? In this case, how do I indicate the correct valuation category in PO or GR?

thanks

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot have more than one valuation category for single material, but you can have multiple valuation types for single material as valuation types are assigned to valuation category. Check split valuation configuration document in this forum, then you can understand the concept.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In customizing "Assigny Secondary Screns" cannot I create the new User departments for new Accounting?

thanks

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you tell clearly what you are trying to implement/ change in material master accounting view?

Thanks

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can have only one valuation category per plant assigned for a material. For that material you can assign different valuation types (depending on created valuation types for that particular valuation category in IMG). You cannot maintain mulitple valuation categories for single material.

Create the material without any valuation type, assign valuation category in accounting view. Then again create the same material with valuation types to enable split valuation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this link...

It will give an idea about what are all the things required for split valuation

http://www.sap-img.com/mm025.htm

Regards,

Raman