cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP (MD01) not creating purchase requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When running MD01, purchase requisition was not created to a certain material, but when i do MD02, purchase requisition was created.

Please help to resolve this issue.

thanks!

JC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi

Check MRP Creation Indicator for MRP Group is customizing (Tcode OPPR). If Create Purchase Req is set to 3 "Planned orders" MD01 create planned orders instead PR in spite of this indicator is setting to 1 o 2 (PR or PR in openig period) when running this transaction.

Regards.

Jesús

Former Member
0 Kudos

Punk,

MD01 requires a planning file entry, MD02 does not. Check/create appropriate entries in MD20. For all materials in background use MDAB. Might also have to fix inconsistancies using MDRE.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

As for my issue, when run MD01, there are planned orders and purchase requisitions deleted.

Only one material was not planned.

But when i do MD02, a preq was created for that material.

My question is what is the reason why only one material was not included in the planned?

And please advise me what is the cause why the system didnt create a pReq for it in MD01.

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Punk,

Did check for the existance of a planning file entry for the 'missing' material, as I suggested in my earlier post? If the entry was missing, did you create the appropriate entry?

Depending on how your master data is being maintained, you may not automatically get a planning file entry when a material is made relevant for planning. As a backstop measure, many companies rebuild the planning files regularly just prior to the MRP runs, using the batch program I noted earlier.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Your suggestion solve the case however, i have one question left.

Since i updated MD20. How can i revert back the changes made?

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Punk,

Reverting this entry is not standard SAP functionality. In the most common business scenarios, if one wishes to be able to plan a material using MRP, they also need to have a planning file entry. SAP will normally create this entry automatically under most standard conditions that require it. Certain uncommon scenarios will leave a material/plant in a condition where planning is required, but SAP has not created the appropriate planning file entry. For these instances, SAP provides the transactions I mentioned previously.

Archiving (physically deleting a material from the database and copying it to longterm storage) will remove planning file entries. Changing a material to non-plannable (ND) will remove the entry. I can't think of any other standard MRP process that will remove a planning file entry.

The usual business requirement is, "how can I ensure that all plannable materials have the appropriate planning file entry".

What is your business requirement that makes you wish to revert this file to its previous state?

[Setting up the planning file|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/f4/7d279044af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

[Planning Process|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/5c/33b8371a2c9912e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm]

Regards,

DB49