cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDFs with Formated Search in AR Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

I have some udfs with formated search in the sales invoice lines. When I change a value in that fields and save like draft,when I re-open it the systems do not save the change I have made.

SELECT u_PComissao from (@vendedores) where code=$($38.U_vendedor2.1)

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Thank you,

Susana Cunha.

Edited by: Susana Cunha on Apr 28, 2009 1:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you selected Display Saved Value? If you need the ability to manually input the value, no auto refresh should be set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda and Gordon,

Yes, I have selected Display Saved Value. I just need to manually input the value in some especific cases. For other cases I need that the value get populated automatically.

If I Uncheck Auto Refresh on the FMS and manually enter the value in the UDF

Save as Draft and re-open it, the system saves the correct value. But with this process I need to fill the field always manually. Do you know other process to have the both things?

Thank you.

Susana

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is what is actually happening,

Even the first time your FMS populates the value in the UDF, the value still exists in the UDF and probably there in your database table.

The next time when you open draft, the refresh probably clears the value in the UDF by fetching a blank record, This probably is what is happening.

Please check by using Display Saved Values instead of Refresh Regularly.

If this does not work then manual is your option

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

Thank you.

Using Display Saved Values it seems to work.

Could you tell me the main diference between Refresh Regularly and Display Saved Values? I don't know if changing this have some more implications...

Thanks,

Susana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there is no options that you could both auto refresh and manually input UDF value. Display saved value has limitation on the UDF, you have to understand the concept behind this function. All manually input values might be subject to override by system.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the UDF get populated by the formatted search when you save it as draft?

Have you used refresh regularly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

The UDF (U_perc_vend2) get populated by the formatted search when I choose the value for the UDF "U_vendedor".

If I change manualy the field U_perc_vend2 and save as draft, when I open it I have not the value that I have changed.

Thanks,

Susana

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the Auto Refresh is causing the issue. Also, your formatted search does not see to fetch the value and is returning a blank which change the already existing value on the screen.

Couple of things you can do to check where the problem lies.

Uncheck Auto Refresh on the FMS and manually enter the value in the UDF

Save as Draft and re-open it and check if the value exists.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda and Gordon,

Yes, I have selected Display Saved Value. I just need to manually input the value in some especific cases. For other cases I need that the value get populated automatically.

If I Uncheck Auto Refresh on the FMS and manually enter the value in the UDF

Save as Draft and re-open it, the system saves the correct value. But with this process I need to fill the field always manually. Do you know other process to have the both things?

Thank you.

Susana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susana ,

Which refresh functions have you selected?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I have selected "Auto Refresh - When Existing Altered Column".

Thanks,

Susana