Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual quotation number

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Which exit can be used to set the quotation number programmatically in a quotation. I have the following scenario

when the user creates a quotation with reference to a quotation , say 300, the revised quotation number must be 300R1, where can i set the order number for this revised quotation. I tried all the exits, nothing works out.

Regards,

Sharadha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried the exit Userexit_Number_Ranges. The documentation in IMG is given below.,

USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE

Use this user exit to define the number ranges for internal document number assignment depending on the required fields.

If the sales document category of your reference document for your quotation under creation is B, then the number for your quotation under creation should be suffixed or prefixed as R. You should clearly explain the requirement to your ABAPer. Hope this works to meet your requirement.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shradha,

Try External number range for that.

Thanks,

Raja

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

we have set the external number range. But this number has to be generated automatically according to the reference quotation.

if the reference quotation is entered as 300, the number for the revised quotation has to be generated automatically as 300R1, if this is the first revision, if already a revision exists, then the number has to be 300R2. In which exit can we set this number?

Regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know whether this will help or not but u can take a chance

create new number range object and define the number range by using transaction SNRO.

however it is possible. try this

get number of your customer by using FM NUMBER_GET_NEXT

Please also refer to this thread

Thanks,

Raja