Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manually upload open projects

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

In my project i m uploading all open projects manually because every thing is on excel sheets. now i m getting one problem there are projects which are running since last 2 yrs. now in parameter for wbs and network schedulling i have maintain 999 days in past. Is there any thing else to do to upload projects of past dates. Any help would be of great importance.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maximum number of days start date can be in the past

Number of days that scheduling allows the start date to be in the past.

If this number of days is exceeded, the system automatically overrides the set scheduling type and uses "today" scheduling.

I dont think there will be any issue.Main task is to to upload costs and also it depends on the client whether they want to upload history also like Materials and other costs.otherwise you can post the WIP to the project only.

Thanks,

Muzamil

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Can i upload all the projects through some program. All legacy data is in excel sheets. My main concerns are PR which has been created in past, dates, confirmations and all. There is no WIP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ask your Abaper to write some program to upload all the open data if the data is huge.

You can also use LSMW for the same.

Muzamil

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

In project lot of activities are happening like PR,COST confirmation. I am not sure whether its possible with LSMW. Is there any content on uploading of open projects.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek

This will not happen in one shot. You have to follow a step by step approach. You have to write a custom prog using the below BAPIs to create Projects with proper structure

BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE

BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN

BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN

then you have to set status at proj level n then you can associate commitments using

BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS (To set the status at WBS element level)

BAPI_PS_PRECOMMIT

For mapping other costs you need to map appropriate costs from legacy to Cost elemnts in SAP and also settlemet rules to be created if requd.

My suggestion will be create different objects, one just for creating projects with appropriate status and then second object for mapping proj balances/costs etc. In this case the PR/PO conversion will also play a imp part

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sarang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It all depends on How the program is written to upload the project? i.e. which fields you are going to upload from Excel.

regards,