Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Installation Problem with Sneak Preview SP16

Hi folks,

as I was trying to install Sneak Preview NW04 SP16 Full Java version, I am facing a prbolem as below.

As a first step to install, when I clicked the SAPinst.exe, I got a screen whenin it asked me to enterthe host name and

the TCP/IP port to log on, with the default host and port filled in as "localhost", "21212" respectively. I accepted the above

default values and clicked on the logon button. Then, the next screen popped up with licence agreement, and once I clicked

on "I agree" button, I got the following error and could not proceed further.

"An error occurred during the installation of component SAP NetWeaver Sneak Preview'04 Support

Release 1 > Migration - Target System installation. Press the log view button to get extended error information or press OK

button to terminate the installation. Log files are written to C:\PROGRA1\SAPINS1\MW04SR1\WEBAS_~1\ONE_HOST".

In the log browser, which popped up later, I have noted the following three warnings.

"Error 5 ( Access is denied), in execution of of a "RegOpenKeyEx" function, line (67), with parameter

(System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NSCService)".

"The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\

Services\NSCService' does not exist on the 'localhost' host".

"The step setDefaults with step key J2EE_SystemCopy_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAs|640|0|J2EE_SystemCopy|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs

|ind|ind|ind|WebAs|630|0|setDefaults was executed with statur ERROR".

And, when I clicked the View Log button, I got the following info.

SAPinst is getting started.

Please be patient ...

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host VICKY, port 21212 to continue with the installation

guiengine: login in process.

SAPinst component stack:

========================

Preinstall|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0

Current script:

===============

some scripting...which is very long.

I tried to re-install again, but faced with the same error. I was just wondering if that default values "localhost", "21212" must be

the reason and hence thought of changing the values while re-installing. But, to my surprise, I am not getting the screen

(which I got for the first time of installing) to enter host and port information to log on.

Please suggest on how to go further.

Thanks in advance.

Vicky.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question