cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Logging in my J2EE Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an EJB and WEB application where i developed in Netweaver Studio 2004s. Now i'm required to implement the log into both application. I'm required to pull out the entire process including the process flow of each in daily basis, which mean in the end of the day i will see my log such as application_280409.log. Exisiting i'm using System.err.println in order to trace it out in Netweaver log. But i need to create it in another folder for daily basis. I just need to put all my System.err.println into the logging.

I tried to google and found out that there is a provided SAP Logging tool. It required me to create a log-configuration.xml for the EAR file. But how do i put it in my Java program level. Kinda confuse with it too. I need to have a file logging where the location of the file is not hardcode, i can specific where it located.

Thanks.

Regards,

adrian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use log4j utility. its a freeware.

It is the java logging utility and pretty simple to use.

Or you can develop a custom app where in you have a custom class containing write mthods being called with in your application. These methods should write into a file created may be based on the session id and stored at a location.

Good Luck

~Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Mahajan on May 1, 2009 6:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Actually i did use a custom method where i write the log into the log file. But i found out the SAP Logging Tools therefore wondering is there any different and is it recommended to use it.

ekaterinamitova
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

This is link to the Logging documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/5059dfe31672d4e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Tell me if this helps. If not, I will keep on searching.

Best regards,

Ekaterina

ekaterinamitova
Advisor
Advisor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ekaterina for the information.

I will look into it as currently I'm solving another issue.

Thanks for it again.

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in addition to the above messages

refer the how we can integrate the 3rd party tools in the sap like log4j and jcl

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20ecb0f4-ccb0-2a10-46aa-ceee8895...

bvr

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the guide.