cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of apShell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

How can i use all the predefined consolidation logic from BPC 5.1?

I check out the documentation from BPC and apShell is like a library and data base of predefined business process.

If use an application set, how can i import from apShell to my new application set all the need customizing?

Is this the principal aim of apShell? Has it more useful functions?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Apshell is an out of box appication set which contains all the pre-delivered business rules for consolidation, currency translation, logics, standard functions,etc so as to run a simple application.

Whenever you create an application set using apshell, by default all these functionalities get imported into the newly created appset which later can be customised.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick responses.

I am new at bpc.

I did nothing yet, I only have read documentation for the moment.

I only was wondering myseft some doubts I have after checking the BPC manuals out.

Next week i´ll start on a new project and i wanted to know basics of BPC.

Do you recommend copy appShell application to start with the customizing fo the new application set or is it better create a new application set from scratch?

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It is better to create a new application set from scratch,and while creating Appset you will have an option

"Which existing application set would you like to duplicate into the new application set?",There you specify Appshell and proceed creating the appset.Then further customize the new appset created .

regards,

Anila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

BPC is not a copy and paste from appsets to other appsets. Therefore, even if you copy and pastes logics, properties and Business Rules, it does not mean that it is going to work... You can try, but i doubt it. Why? Otherwise consultants would not be needed right

But if you want to give it a try, please replicate the dimension properties to put in the cube , the dimensions

properties themself, then the Business Rules and finish with the script logics. And dont forget to input the rates...

However, the best it probably to rename appshel and to start from that... but you probably did that already no??

Apshell, main use, is on a long turm. It is used to trouble shoot if an issue is Appset Specific or not. That is why i would not adise at all to touch apshell and modifiy it... (You can run it thought).... Copy appshell and rename it sandbox if you want test things on it BUT do not touch it (i repeat myself). Then if one day you call the support with a problem on you appset, they will probably ask you to test smtg on the appshell...

Nic