cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the error as mentioned below when i try to open a XML file using Import manager.

I am using MDM 7.1. Please let me know the cause for it if anybody has faced the same.

"Can't open C:/Program files/SAP MDM 7.1/Import Manager/XSD.exe"

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THe problem is not repeating now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THe problem is not repeating now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like some issue in the XML file generation, Try to install XML Notepad 2007 and open the file.

This XML Notepad is very user friendly to editing or review the XML error

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=72d6aa49-787d-4118-ba5f-4f30fe913628&displa...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

xsd.exe is not part of the Import Manager installation, but needs to be added separately, e.g. with the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK (Software Development Kit) 2.0 (also see SAP note 1331426:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1331426 )

By the way:

xsd.exe itself is only 76 KB in size, you you might consider getting this single file instead of the whole 250(?) MB .NET SDK installation. Even when you download the .NET SDK, you don't have to install it. Just extract the .cab file (e.g. using WinZip), open it (again using WinZip), extract the file that starts with "xsd" to the Import Manager directory and rename it to "xsd.exe".

That did the trick in my case.

Best regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dannis,

Do you have the xsd.exe? Can you send me one with the email? I can not download the whole .Net SDK installation with my network also i cant find the xsd.exe at Microsoft web site.

U can find the email address in my profile.

Many thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dannis,

I get the xsd.exe and puted it in MDM import manager program folder. When I logon the import manager again, another error came out " Can't generate Xml schema for: C:\********.xml". Have you ever met such problem when logon the import manager?

Edited by: Wendrin Duan on Sep 1, 2009 9:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This happens becuase the XML file has a directive for loading DTD.

For example:

<!DOCTYPE BMECAT SYSTEM "bmecat_new_catalog_1_2.dtd">

MDM does not support DTD.

In order to fix it you could try the following:

Remove the DTD line and make sure

there is only one root element in the XML file, then the file loads

properly.

The better approach is to create the xsd an upload to the

repository, then use XML Schema instead.

Best Regards

Yaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaron,

I read this note, and try to use the xml schema instead of xml. The problem is resolved, thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I have faced such a problem before in 7.1 versions.Please check whether 'xsd.exe' is present in the location C:/Program files/SAP MDM 7.1/Import Manager.This exe file should be present in the location once the Import Manager is installed unlike the 5.5 version for the import souce to be of type xml.If it is not present reinstall the Import Manager and check if the xsd.exe file is present in the location.

Thanks and Regards,

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

If you are trying to open an XML through the Import Manager, the extension of the file must be xml.

Best practice for importing XML file data through Import Manager is to use Type as XML Schema for which you need to specify both the schema that is already defined in your console and the correspoding XML file which containes your data.

Note that in most cases the XML files are complex and hence it becomes difficult to parse them.

Try creating an XSD for the XML using xomlite or similar other softwares and upload and define the same in the console.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I am not sure. but the error seems to be with the XSD you are using to open the XML file.

Have you uploaded the XSD in the Console? If not, then Upload the related XSD for your XML file and in the Import Manager Connect to source dialog box, choose the type as XML schema.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

As the fields in XML file are not added in the XML file i will not be able to use XML schema option.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Are you trying to open an XML file or an XSD file?

Becasue if you are trying to import then your source file should be a .XML file and then XSD for the same must be uploaded in the MDM console. and then use the stored XSD against the XML file for importing.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

I am using a XML file & have chosen the Type in Import manager as XML.

I understand that i should have schema already defined if i go with XML schema option.

Regards,

Pramod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

In that case your XML source file should be having the extension. XML. The error message points to a .XSD that the Import manager is trying to access.

And it is always suggested to import an XML source using its XML schema option ,besides i am not very sure but some later releases of MDM will not allow you to import XML source without XSD attached.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto