cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM clash with trans/eps/in directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After completion of installation i have changed the default transport directory, i want to use new transport direcotory /usr/sap/trans_<SID> instead of /usr/sap/trans.

While i am putting *.SCA files for JSPM or Java component upgrade inside /eps/in, it is not picking from /usr/sap/trans_<SID> but if i placed inside /usr/sap/trans directory it is picking from default location.

I changed the parameters for DIR_TRANS and other locations also.

What could be the problem?

Regards,

V.Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Changing the Global EPS Input Directory

JSPM detects the location of the global EPS inbox directory by reading the value of the central instance profile parameter DIR_EPS_ROOT. The location of the global EPS inbox directory is the in subdirectory of this location. On most systems, the default value of the parameter is /usr/sap/trans/EPS and the location of the global EPS inbox directory is /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in.

Recommendation

SAP recommend that you do not change the value of the central instance profile parameter DIR_EPS_ROOT unless you are advised to do so by SAP support. Otherwise, your system may stop working because many SAP NetWeaver components are using it. In addition, if you have a double-stack system, bear in mind that the ABAP Support Package Manager also uses the central instance profile parameter DIR_EPS_ROOT.

To change the value of the DIR_EPS_ROOT parameter:

1. In the /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_<Central instance name>_<host> file:

If the parameter exists, change the value of the parameter as follows:

DIR_EPS_ROOT=<New location>

If the parameter does not exist, add the following line:

DIR_EPS_ROOT=<Location>

Recommendation

SAP recommend that you use the following pattern for the location <any path>/EPS.

2. Add a blank line at the end of the file.

3. If you are logged on to JSPM, restart it.

Setting a JSPM Inbox Directory

1. Stop JSPM.

2. Open usr\sap\<SID>\<SYS>\j2ee\JSPM\param\jspm_config.txt.

3. Add a new parameter /jspm/inbox with a value equal to the full path to the new inbox directory.

4. Start JSPM.

Warm Regards,

MNA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one reply for my doubt, still i am facing this problem.

Regards,

V.singh