cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Link for EQUNR (Eqpt Number) and GEWRK (Main Work Center)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to fetch the main work center from equipment master. I need a direct table link between the equipment number and mainwork center. We are getting a link of equipment number (EQUNR) to work center (ARBPL) and a link of work center (ARBPL) to main work center (GEWRK). But the problem with this scenario is - main work center is not getting fetched from equipment master once work center is missing.

We want a direct link through some table between EQUNR and GEWRK.

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Puneet

Check this BAPI, BAPI_EQUI_GETDETAIL.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Puneet

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is not for reporting purpose. Actually I need to fetch the mainwork center in Log Notification screen of SAP PM Logbook.

To do this - I get a link of log-notification to equipment number, eqpt number link to work center and work center link to main work center. In this way I can populate the main work center in the log-notification, but problem arises once work center is missing in equipment master.

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

Please find the link detailing how to develop SAP Query.

[SAP QUERY|;

Hope this help !

Thanks,

RKM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

Appreciate your problem !

Many a times in such a situation (which I presume exists where no direct link is available between fields); we have 2 clear cut approaches -

Approach 1:

Develop a SAP Query, Functional Area/Infoset, and User Group ( using T code :SQ03,SQ02,SQ01 respectively )

While developing Functional Area feed in these 2 tables (Table 1- equipment number (EQUNR) & work center (ARBPL) and Table 2 - work center (ARBPL) to main work center (GEWRK) with work center (ARBPL) as the Primary Key- bridge to join these 2 tables.

In SAP Query Development; you may take Plant as the Selection Field or any other field as per business requirement to make a search in the query.

Now when you execute this query, you will get a complete Download of (EQUNR),work center (ARBPL) and main work center (GEWRK) in one table.

For SAP Query, you may also approach your ABAP Team Member. This is a cleaner approach than the other one.

Approach 2:

Take SE16 download of the Table 1 and Table 2 and join them in Excel (using vlookup if required).This approach is however limited to the data volume that you have to process.

Please let me know, if you get stuck !

Thanks,

RAVI.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you cannot able to get the direct link for maintenance work center ,you have to use the ARBPL and get the same.

kindly check whether you can club this table and get displayed using SAP query

regards

thyagarajan