Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incosistency in Role transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue with role transports between Development-Quality-Production systems.

In one of the derived role there are some critical authorizations in auth. object S_DEVELOP so, I have removed these authrizations in Develoment system and transported the role to Quality and Production systems.

After transporting this derived role, changes are reflected properly in Quality but not in to Production system. The transport request is imported to Production with return code 0 and the system I am using is ECC 6.0.

Can anyone please let me know why such incosistency is happening and any solution to this will be of great help.

Thanks in Advance.

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In one of the derived role there are some critical authorizations in auth. object S_DEVELOP so, I have removed these authrizations in Develoment system and transported the role to Quality and Production systems.

Did you remove them in the derived role or the parent?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have removed the critical authorizations in Derived role,

0 Kudos

My guess is correct...

Then the derived role changes are against to parent and derived role concept.

Whenever you required a SAP role change (addition/deletion) then you must carry out in parent role and then you have to generate it to all its derived roles.

Even if you unintentionally done any changes to derived whenever parent role is generated in future then all the derived role changes will be over written.

So it is always make sure that do the changes in parent role not in derived role

0 Kudos

Thanks for response.

Now, I have done the changes in authorization data of Parent role and then in authorization data of derived role.

In case of this parent role, it has many derived roles and in every derived role different authorizations values needs to be maintained as per the requirement. So I have transported the composite role containing that specific derived role and this time, in Quality system changes are transported correctly but not in Production.

Can this be related to some other issues rekated to Basis?

Edited by: Shikhar Prasad on Apr 28, 2009 1:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shikhar,

Check if the role is included in any other transport and if there is any inconsistency in the sequence of moving the transports to Production.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

The both above cases are the chances for you inconsistancy.

There may be chances to overwirte if the other earlier transport requests(created earlier thatn your transport request) carried out after yours with the other changes.

Or if you are using parent and derived role concept, you must change it parent not in derived role.