cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look up IDOC in XI System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I am VERY new to XI(in fact even to SAP,i am basically from a webMethods background),i sent a Orders idoc from my backend R/3 system using we19 to the XI system,i got a message that the idoc was successfully sent,i have seen in we05 that the idoc has been successfully sent.

Now how can i make sure that the idoc has been recieved in the XI system?which transaction should i use in XI to make sure that the idoc i sent from my R/3 backend system is recieved in XI.I did not do any mappings or reciever determination in the XI system.I just want to make sure that the IDOC i sent is actually recieved by the XI sytem.

Thank you

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

A few things where you can check.

In R3, go to the transaction Sm58. This is the transctional RFC log and will contain entires if there was any error while sending the IDOC to your XI system.

Next, in XI, go to SXMB_MONI and monitor for processed messages. This will display all the messages processed by XI.

Also, if no business system is assigned to the R3 system in XI, then I think the IDOC would not have reached XI and you would be able to see this error in SM58.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody:

Thank you for your replies. The mistake i found is, I went to SM58 and found out that there is an error in my transmission ,the error being "Name or Password is Incorrect", so i changed the username and password and re-sent the idoc,this time the RFC log showed that the message "Transaction IDX1:Port SAPR3E,client 100,RFC destination contain error SR053", does that mean i should check some settings in the XI system?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes. IDX1 is a transaction in xi, which is used to maintain ports.

SR053 error usually occurs when your user credentials are wrong.

Make sure you are specifying the right user id and password

Regards,

Smitha.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

There seems to be some problem in your Port maintenace in XI. Would suggest that you check the setting of IDX1 in XI.

Regards,

Bhavesh

PS Do mark points for useful answers

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Did you test the rfc destination connection?

In the meanwhile go through this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/d8fa40badbf56fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

And here a series of steps are given, try doing this if you have not gone through this earlier, you could probably find the error.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any Strict norm that i should use when i am configuring my RFC port on the XI box? my backend r/3 systems Sid is "R3E" and my system number is 00 and client is 100.

Can someone tell me what should be my port name in IDX1.This is the only step i feel that i am going wrong.

Thank you

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

Just go thru this link for IDX1 port entry creation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3b/beb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

the port name in IDX1 follows the convention SAP<SID>. So you should create the port named SAPR3E. The system will then show this port as SAPR3E_100 on the left hand side, extending the name with the client specified.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Man it worked, its the problem with the port name on the XI server.

Thank you very much guys, you rock,i can get some sleep today. Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra-

I have done the configurations that you are talking about,my scenario is IDOC to file scenario. I have my partner profiles and rfc destinations defined in the R/3 system,i have used we19 to send an Order04 idoc and i have a success message,i went to transaction we05 and i have a green light for the idoc i sent out,but i still cannot see the idoc in XI,so i went to sm58 and looked for the log of my idoc and i see an error message which states "Transaction IDX1:Port SAPR3E,client 100,RFC Destination contain error:Message number SR053".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Venkat

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat,

You do the partner profile configuration in the application system not on the XI system.In the app system you maintain the logical system name and do the partner profile settings, inbound or outbound. Say for example you have a file to idoc scenario. The source being your file system and the target ENT system. In WE20, to maintain partner profiles, you would do the outbound configuration on the logical system maintained for the sender system, and the inbound for the logical system for the receiver system, i.e the ENT's logical system.

Go through these documents:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4a...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6bd6f69a-0701-0010-a88b-adb...

Have you done settings according to this? MARK THE POSTS THAT HAVE HELPED YOU.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am still having problem,are there any other check points i need to check? i still cannot see the idoc in my XI box.is it compulsary that i need to do the reciever determination,mapping etc in XI to see the idoc in XI? what if i don't have a business system in XI for the SAP backend?Are there any resources to read to set up my backend R/3 in SLD,i did finish my setup in SLD but i don't trust myself as i am very new to XI..

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this weblog for the configuration.

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Check this link for Idoc to File scenario, this will solve your problem.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies,it really helped me to get more knowledge,but actually did not solve my problem yet hehehe.I checked IDX1 to see if i have port for my backend system,i do have a port for my backend system. What i feel is i am a sending a Orders04 idoc from my backend system,so should i configure anything else on the XI box? i.e. in partner profile? i went to we21 on the xi box and there is a Trfc port R3ECLNT100 which is actually pointing to the backend system.(i don't know if it really makes sense).

In SM58, the error i am getting is "Transaction IDX1:Port SAPR3E,client 100,RFC Destination contain error:Message number SR053". So in the message "IDX:Port SAPR3E",where should i look for the port SAPR3E(I actually have this trfc port in the backend system).

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Check the inbound queue in IDX5 to see of the idoc was received. If you double click on the idoc here it will go to sxmb_moni, what does it show there?. You can check the RFC destination connection test from SM59.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Go thru this doc..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

It clearly explains the use and need of every transaction related to looking up an IDOC on XI.

Hope this helps you!

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could go to sm58 and check if the idoc you sent has any errors.

Moreover, xi acts as a middleware, so there must be some receiver who is expecting the message you triggered from r/3.

Nevertheless, you can see an entry in sxmb_moni transaction in xi, for the idoc you triggered.

But it would have some errors, saying no receiver determination found or receiver could not be determined, since you have not configured a receiver.

Regards,

Smitha.