cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Document access through Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

we are in the process of integrating SAP DMS with Enterprise portal 6.5, and SAP DMS on 6.0 SP 12, ie the latest Version,

when we try to access or view the documents in Portal, we could only see those which have been maintained through Easy DMS, ie.. the folders and documents created in EDMS only is visible

The Documents which are created in normal DMS, ie the document types and all the documents are not visible in Portal view. any one who have seen or managed DMS through Portal let me know can we see all the documents through Portal or only those maintained in Easy DMS,

can we avail all the funtionality in Portal to manage the documents just like we do in DMS. what are its limitation.

Pointa awaiting

Thanks and regards

Priya S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Priya

Did you check whether the kpro functionality is enabled or not for the document type to be used in portal?

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Kpro Tick is been given to all the document types i have configured,

i dont know if i have to enable any other KPRO feature apart from this,

if any one have made DMS and Portal integration, please let me know is Portal access is only for Document maintained by Easy DMS, or it is for all the documents of DMS, (is there any note to be implemented to avail this feature)

also we are planning to have Trex search engine for Portal file search, can this same Trex be used be for searching files inside DMS also.

Points eagerly awaiting.

Regards

Priya S

Edited by: Priya S on May 6, 2009 12:59 AM

Edited by: Priya S on May 7, 2009 10:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are using Web DMS to access the documents thru Internet.

You need to maintain document types in SPRO

spro>ca>dms>Set Up WebDocuments (BSP)>New Entry and assign all ready created Document Types to Web DMS.

Later you can track all the documents thru WebDMS.

I have a document on Trex,Let me know You Email ID.

Regards

fapreeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your response,

But sir we are trying to access the DMS documents through Portal not through WEB DMS,

WEB DMS has its own limitations as i could understand, i dont know weather access to DMS documents is only for EDMS Documents ie.. Portal access is only for documents maintained through Easy DMS,

any answer for Portal access of DMS documents is welcome.

Thanks and regards,

Priya S

Edited by: Priya S on May 8, 2009 12:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need your help in getting solution related to web DMS.

here we have configured webdms, the problem is....

if i create a document in ECC using CV01N,i can see all the document statuses under Document Status drop down list. Once I save this document and open this document in webDMS i can still see all the document status BUT..

when i go for creating document directly in webdms, I am unable to see document statuses in Document status tab..

Thank You,

Manoj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define varients to access through portal.

enjoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, priya.s

if u find ansewer please share with me.

what i saw from your discussion is webdms, this different from dms in portal functionality..

ben