cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem export ABAP + Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want create the development instance with the method system copy (export/import).

I have the productive instance with ABAP and Add-In Java and i want do the system copy of abap and java, for do it, i execute the sapinst and select:

SAP ERO 6.0 Support Release 3 --> Software Life-Cycle Option --> System Copy --> MS SQL Server --> Source System Export --> High-Availability System --> Based on AS ABAP and AS Java

And in the step Database Instance Export only export the AS Java no the AS ABAP, and not appear errors, why? what happend?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Make sure that you are running from a command promt and using the option SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME.

So, you shoud be running:

C:\path_to_sapinst\sapints.exe SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=virtual_hostname_of_your_db

That worked for me.

Also, there is a note recommending using this paramater for the CI export as well using the virtual hostname of SAP-

Camilo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Camilo,

Thank you very much!

That was a perfect answer for my problem. I was trying to export our clustered SAP system (AS ABAP) to do a unicode conversion by using SAPinst GUI and initially it didn't export anything without error message but now it works with your solution.

Once again, thank you ~

regards,

Youngseok

Edited by: Youngseok Bae on May 1, 2009 5:00 PM

Edited by: Youngseok Bae on May 1, 2009 5:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You solve my problem too... I give you some points.

Regards,

former_member490296
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried as per you suggestion in preparation phase it is showing as

running r3szchk for long time , no error message but phase is not getting completed. Since this is a optional so tried database export but showing same message.

Our installation is on oracle 10G , Microsoft Cluster.

Waiting for your reply.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is not clear to me. Please follow standard system copy procedure. It should work fine.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/systemcopy.

Copying production or QA to DEV such a procedure does not correspond to the strategy recommended by SAP to always retain the development system.

But If you want to do a copy then please have a look at SAP Note 130906 - How can versions be transported?

Check SAP note 89188. It has explained the System copy type

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sushil