cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downpayment Processing at Customer Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to implement Down Payment Processing at Customer level and not at sales order level. In this, client wants to create a down payment request & clearing at customer level (may be by raising a separate sales order only for down payment) and then this cleared down payment should be adjusted to any billing for this customer that we do in future based on FIFO method.

Please guide me how to proceed for the same.

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen Agrawal

As the downpayment has to be done customer wise then first of all create the sales order but manually you change the item category for specific customers with whom downpayment has to be done

Check the configuration of Downpayment

[http://www.sap-img.com/financial/how-down-payments-are-configured.htm]

Regards

Srinath

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadav,

Are you saying that whenever any invoice needs to be raised for a sales order, raise this dp request first for that sales order ? or something else...

My issue is with adjustment of down payment with invoicing..further I need to charge some overseas country tax also on down payment since some country has law that tax needs to be paid either on services received (Invoicing) or payment received..

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Situation is little complex than the example I gave... I dont know at the time of raising down payment request, how many sales order I will be having with customer in future and based on the billing in future, I should start knocking off the down payment. Its like going to a retailer and giving him advance of 1000 INR and then adjusting this 1000 INR against any purchases you do in future with the retailer till the time down payment is exhausted.

I was thinking of looking for a userexit which can be used at the time of billing and will check for the advance pending.

Let me know if there is any other solution possible.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

1) Create a sales order with 0.01 value.

2) Create DP for 0.01 value.

3) Receive a check from customer of 1000 amount use tcode FF68.

4) next time use tcode "feba_check_deposit" to clear your future open items for that customer.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for replying.

Guess the standard business process says:

1) Change the billing plan of the sales order with rule 5 and billing type FAZ

2) Raise DP request using transaction VF01

3) Receive DP using transaction F-29

4) Bill the Sales Order for the confirmed milestone, in this invoice, system will show you one more line item containing down payment adjustment for the down payment received in F-29.

Guess I am correct till here. Correct me If I am wrong.

My requirement is that I want to do step 4 for sales order number 2 against the DP request raised using sales order 1.

In my case, sales order are different that contains Down payment in billing plan vis-a-vis sales order containing actual billing plan.

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal

Edited by: Naveen Agarwal on May 14, 2009 8:08 AM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen Agrawal

If there are two sales orders and if you want to do step 4 (F-29) for sales order 2 against the DP request using sales order 1 then you need to go with user exit. So try with USEREXIT_DOCUMENT_SAVE. and include the logic with the help of technical consultant telling that once you save the document then it has to take the reference of the sales order 2

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Gurus,

Requesting your valuable ideas.

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal