cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM to retrieve communication language of BP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What FM can retrieve the communication language of Bussines Partner?

Thanks!

Regards,

David.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Please use function module

BUA_ADDRESS_GET

I_PARTNER = <Business Partner>

and execute

Internal table E_ADDRESS will contain field LANGU_CREA ,which will give you communication language of Bussines Partner.

Regards,Nishant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi Nishant, Hi David,

Sorry, but the above answer isn't correct -

LANGU_CREA gives you the language in which the address was created - i.e. the language in which the user was logged on when he created the address! This is not the communication lang of the BP. Infact LANGU_CREA is maintained in the DB for an address, even if you don't maintain an any communication lang for the BP!

Communication lang is different for persons and organizations.

For persons, use the module BUPA_CENTRAL_GET_DETAIL, pass the BP number, and in the returned result, look for field CORRESPONDLANGUAGEin structure ES_DATA_PERSON. This is the communication lang of the peson. Person BPs can have just one correspondence langauge.

For organizations, the comminication language differs according to the country in which its office is based. So to get the comm lang, you need to use modulle BUPA_ADDRESS_GET_DETAIL, pass the BP number and address number, and then you can get the langauge from field LANGU of structure ES_ADDRESS. Organization BPs can have many communication langauages based on the location of their offices.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Rishu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

check this FM BUP_BUT000_SELECT_SINGLE. In the result set the field bu_langu should give you the

language you are looking for.

Regards,

Sapna